Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


8 Jan 2010

Getting further away from old normal

Realised that this is a project of comparison with the norm, asking, have I resisted this thing which I would normally have bought and eaten? The hard bit is starting to materialise in that, as you change your eating habits you find it hard to compare it with the original normal. You no longer eat a bar of chocolate a day, you no longer crave a pudding after your tea. So now do you compare with the changing norm or the pre project norm. I think for the sake of a scientific approach you have to compare to the pre project norm. Its interesting to note the psychological change in the norm though.

No comments:

Post a Comment