|Where does one wear such a thing? Soon as I find out I'm there.|
From the 6th-13th September I'll be trying to eat nothing but porridge and rice for a week. There are loads of reasons I've decided to do this several of which I'm logging on the Starvation Diet Page, here. You can also see my video log for the week On the Starvation Diet Page.
The trouble is I expect it could be a lonely business eating beige food on my own for a week so I've asked some people to join me on the Normal Starvation Diet. If you don't already know about the ideas behind Starvation Diet you can read more about it here.
These Starvation Diet Cheerleaders(don't worry no pom poms or short skirts involved, unless you want them). Will be resisting things they don't really need to eat and giving the money they save to Practical Action through this Just Giving site. They will also be given rights to add blogs to the Starvation Diet Next Generation blog site so that others can see how they get on. You can see this here. They will be given access to diet logs to keep a track of what they have resisted and saved.
If you want to get involved and become one of the next generation too there are lots of reasons to do so many of which you can probably make up yourself. I've been doing the Starvation Diet since October 09 and here are just a few of the reasons I've found for doing this.
- I've lost about 2 stones since I started without dieting, feeling deprived or hungry
- Its changed my mind set and made it easier for me to resist the stuff which is really quite bad for me
- I've donated over £300 to a charity I really believe in and who have made real long term changes to others lives
- I've got fitter by only weighing myself on other peoples scales which I've walked to or biked to
- Its made me think a lot
- I am almost considering wearing spangly hot pants in public (a step too far I hear you shout)