Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


7 Dec 2009

Diets and weekends

The weekend is a time to relax, a time for a treat, a reward for the week. It is then a problem when you are on a diet. "Tonight" you say "I'll have a beer or a chocolate bar or a takeaway." At least that's what I say. This Friday I had soup and and a sandwich for my tea whilst my son had a takeaway. That was £3.50 in the starvation pot. On Saturday I had an Indian takeway but after only eating half I had some left over for my dinner on Sunday rather than buying more cheese for cheese toasties, so that's another £1.00 in the pot. My boyfriend was heading to the shop and, although I really wanted to say "Yes, go on buy me a chocolate bar, its Saturday and Strictly come dancing is on." I resisted, another 60p in the pot. £5.10's worth of food taken from my belly and put into the belly of somebody who needs it more. I could have saved more and had less of a dicky tummy if I hadn't had the curry, thats one to resist next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment