Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


4 Dec 2009

The first few days on the starvation diet

I went into town the other day and whilst walking through Wilkinsons on my way to get mirrored tiles for a schools art project I saw a great big Christmas pudding. They had been talking about christmas puddings on radio 4 before I headed out. I find almost everything on radio 4 fascinating, its a weakness and I must learn to be more discerning about it. So when I saw this pudding I was instantly attracted and thought, "I could buy that and we could have it after tea." As my son doesn't much like Christmas pudd this actually meant, I could buy it and eat it after tea. It was 97p. 97 p for a pudding which wouldn't be uncomfortable wearing my hat. How does one source and make and rap a pudding of such density for 97p. As I reached for it I remembered the starvation diet. That was one of the first collection of coins to go into the charity pot. If you haven't yet read what the starvation diet is click on my blog go to The process behind the starvation diet or The idea behind the starvation diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment