Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


8 Dec 2009

Honourable intentions

Its really hard to know how to pitch my work at the moment. A lot of what I am doing is driven by a desire to do things which are not money and funding led projects but more about doing projects I think are vital. At the moment this leads me to doing lots of things for free. Somebody asked me the other day "Whose funding this project, have you been commissioned?". I felt like if I had been able to say yes it would have added more gravitas. The fact that we are doing that particular project out of passion and conviction is seen as somehow suspect. To be getting money for something legitimises it. Maybe that is something we should scrutinise because having a price tag on something could legitimise some really daft or wrong things.

No comments:

Post a Comment