Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


8 Dec 2009

Looking into Charities

I have sent an e mail off to various charities. I took me an age to phrase it. Is it right. See what you think.
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am an artist working in the UK. I read that there are as many overweight and obese people in the world as starving and malnourished so set about an art/life based project called The Starvation Diet. The project documents my efforts to address my weight through resisting food which takes me above the calories I need to be healthy and donating money saved to people who do need it. It is based on the premise that in a world where others are starving its wrong for me to be overweight. I'm looking for a charity who see some value to them in the project and who can guarantee that a large percentage of my donation will get to the people in need. From reading your site it seems that your charity could be a good one for me to go for but just wish to know a few things:
What percentage of a donation to you would go to the people in need?
This art piece is not part of my paid work but just a passion to use my art to do something I think is vital so I'm eager to link up with others. Can you see any possible creative links which could be made between your charity and this art piece?
You can look at the project page online at:
and the project blog at:
and ring me if you want more info on 07828148123.
Thanks for your time,
Beth Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment