Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


11 Feb 2010

Methods to measure body fat


Over the next few days I will be wondering about some of these alternative ways to measure weight loss.
**Body fat percentage using a tape measure, "Rope and Choke"
**Calipers, Skin fold method
**Bioelectric Impedance Analysis (BIA)

Also wondering if there are historical methods of measuring fat. Maybe not.
11-2-10
Today I measured myself according to the Rope and Choke method. The name was given to it by members of the army who used it as a way of measuring people. Of course I documented it. I am fairly objective about my body, I don't hate it all but the one major spot I dislike is my belly. Its all very well for the man on Shirley Valentine to say that stretch marks are a sign of your life but I can't really grow to love them. But, I want to be as truthful as possible in this project. Including my vanities my petty insecurities, the moments when I am selfish and don't see a big belly as a sign of luck and choice. I have posted the pictures below un-doctored. I wanted to make them more arty, maybe black and white, do a bit of airbrushing. I feel that by showing myself in all my unflattering glory I can start to balance out my use of pictures of anonymous starving people a little. To Show my fat bits shows the other side of the grizzly coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment