Is Empathy only present if you are well and well fed?

Starvation Diet. What is it?

Mmmmmm chocolate, Mmmmmm sandwich, Mmmmmm doughnuts, Mmmmmm beer. Spoilt for choice. Trying to resist. When I resist I put the money in a pot. When the pot is full I send it (the money, not the pot) to somebody who needs it to survive. The art comes about through the documentation of the process, here and in other places. There is no end to this project.


1 Feb 2010

Still So vain

I went to boots today to weigh myself. The machine does some mad jiggery pockery and checks your height and your weight then it says "Your Ticket is printed below". I pulled out a ticket and was agog that it read 10st 12lb, a loss of nearly 2 stones. Then just as I was picking up my bag to leave I saw another label stuck in the slot. This was my real print out. Still a loss but not as dramatic and unbelievable as the first. I felt a little disappointed and for a while as I walked around town I forgot the primary focus of the project, not to worry about losing weight but to contribute money to the pot of monies to go to those with less food choices. I still haven't quite readjusted my thoughts and am thinking, if I weighed that little I could feel ok on the beach, if I weighed that little I could wear a cat suit or something. I need to get my mind back on the point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment